Saturday, 11 April 2015 11:25
Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIIT-DM), Kancheepuram, invites applications for admission to M.Design programs in Communication Systems, Electronic Systems and Mechanical Systems for the academic year 2015- 2016.
- For Candidates having valid GATE (2014 / 2015) score:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/Architecture from educational Institutions approved by AICTE/ Government.
- Candidates yet to appear or have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree whose results are likely to be declared by July 2015.
- Associate Membership holders of the professional bodies for admission into their parent disciplines from the following:
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (AMIE)
- The Institution of Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering (AMIETE)
- Candidates graduating/ graduated from IITs/ IIITs with B.Tech. degree and having C.G.P.A. of 7.5 and above for SC/ ST and 8.0 and above for others can apply without GATE Score.
- For Sponsored Candidates:
- Candidates working and sponsored (with full pay and allowances for 24 months) by industry / government organizations / private and public enterprises recognized by DST engaged in R and D work/ engineering colleges recognized by AICTE, possessing at least two years of professional experience as on the last date of receipt of applications at IIITDM can apply, provided they hold:
i. BE/ B.Tech. degree from AICTE recognized Engineering Colleges/ university with first class or 60% aggregate marks in all the four years (no need of having GATE score), or
ii. AMIE and other Associate memberships (listed above) with a valid GATE Score
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online.
- The completed Application form should accompany online payment receipt (Rs.150 for GN/OBC and Rs.75 for SC/ ST/ PD/ Female Candidates).
- Filled in application along with necessary documents must sent to
The Registrar Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing, IIITDM Kancheepuram,
Off Vandalur-Kelambakkam Road,
Chennai – 600 127.
Selection Process: The eligible shortlisted candidates with a valid GATE (2014 / 2015) score (Category A) will be called for the personal interview and those without a GATE score (Category B & C) need to appear for test and interview. Important Dates: Last date for receipt of completed application: 1st May, 2015 Tentative dates of admission test/interview for M Design program: Communication Systems 18th June, 2015 Electronic Systems 18th June, 2015 Mechanical Systems 19th June, 2015 Announcement of Results: 24th June, 2015 For information brochure: http://www.iiitdm.ac.in/pdf/M%20Des%20Admission%20Brochure_Jul%202015.pdf For more details, please visit: http://www.iiitdm.ac.in/phdadmissions.html